REVISED OCTOBER 2018
Information we may collect
We collect and process the following information: Personal information that you directly provide to us, which includes information you supply when you register your interest in The Klosters Forum, when you register to attend The Klosters Forum and save items to your profile on our app. This might include the following:
- First name
- Last name
- Telephone number
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Information relating to your area of expertise as a result of communicating with us.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Information that we obtain from you when taking part in an event or making a donation may, in addition to the above, include credit card, debit card or bank account details, but such information will be stored only by our payment provider, Paypal and will not be held by us.
We may also receive information about you from third party event co-organizers or partners. This can include information such as:
- Your name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Emergency contact details
- Dietary requirements
- Telephone number
From the public domain:
We may obtain some information from publicly available sources such as news articles or open postings on social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
Billing and credit card information
When required for The Klosters Forum registration or other services, we may store your name, address, telephone number and email address. We do not store credit card numbers. This information will only be shared with third parties who perform tasks required to complete the purchase transaction.
We don’t store sensitive information.
How your personal information may be used:
We use your information for limited purposes and do not sell it to any third parties.
Where you have consented or a rule of law applies whereby your consent is not required, we may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to invite you to events ran by us or our co-partners
- to administer your donations or support your fundraising (we do not store credit card details)
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to fulfil orders for goods and services
- to approach you for charitable funding where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
You can opt out of your data being used for any of these purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may process your personal information for certain legitimate business purposes which are in our interests but which we believe also benefit people who we identify as potential supporters and beneficiaries of The Klosters Forum.
Those carefully considered and specific purposes might for example include the following:
- inviting potential speakers and participants in a business / professional capacity to our meetings or events.
- engaging with particular individuals holding relevant policy-making positions, hand-picked experts, corporate professional individuals, journalists and those working in other relevant sectors in a business / professional capacity.
Steps we take to protect your privacy
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative controls to protect your information. Please note that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure.
To unsubscribe from our newsletters, click on the link at the bottom of a newsletter you have received or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.